Monday, August 29

"Enlightenment can be brutal" Vanessa Redgrave's "The Fever"


This is another of those posts that nobody will care, nobody will comment and nobody will have access.
For the last months I have been reading and searching a lot and became aware of many facts that are happening in this world that made me realize that fiction, especially those that display a dystopic world, portrays a pale idea about what governments and the elite is doing.

I will say nothing else because I also realized that it is impossible to try to share this knowledge even tough it affects all individuals of the world.
I am exhausted and, yes, enlightenment can be brutal. All my life I was never afraid of questioning and asking "why" or "who will profit from that" maybe because I lived under dictatorship and in my twenties it was a period of time that it was a shame not having a political view.

No man was considered a man if he did not read the newspapers, reading disinformations consciously or not, in the morning whatever his views were.
Today saying "I don't like politics." is glamorous and some people say it as if they were above good and evil with this attitude as if they were immune and free of the manipulations of the powers.

What is being done, and I wrote some posts about it that were ignored, is inhuman, heinous and criminal in a global scale. Everybody is affected.
There is nothing I can do and I hate this phrase. I was thinking about publishing this post about this movie that is the first step if someone wants to understand not only the world but what regulates his/her life in a high degree: what we eat, what we drink, what we think the control of our subjectivity, but I gave up improving it's test.

I am tired and I know that enlightenment is a personal journey thou the consequences of politicians acts affects humankind.
I cannot make people care about their own lives being manipulated and influenced. There are also those who are aware and that is enough for them and they use their knowledge to be good in rhetoric.
Just two alerts about the Nazi regimen:
"Propaganda is the art of persuasion - persuading others that your 'side of the story' is correct. Propaganda might take the form of persuading others that your military might is too great to be challenged; that your political might within a nation is too great or popular to challenge etc. In Nazi Germany, Dr Joseph Goebbels was in charge of propaganda. Goebbels official title was Minister of Propaganda and National Enlightenment."
"Education played a very important part in Nazi Germany in trying to cultivate a loyal following for Hitler and the Nazis. The Nazis were aware that education would create loyal Nazis by the time they reached adulthood."
"If you tell a lie, tell a big one." Goebbels
This is the unfinished test I was doing about "The Fever":
I have already expressed my admiration for Vanessa Redgrave in four posts and the first time I watched the movie "The Fever", 2004 HBO production, I felt like sharing but I didn't.

I saw part of it today and again I couldn't take my eyes of the screen because Vanessa's acting always deeply affects me.
Her voice, the way she speaks, the way she acts mixed with her activism, the Oscar speech, Julia, her family, the lost of her daughter Natasha Richardson, integrity, character, dignity her universe moves me and comforts me knowing that she dedicates her life and career seeking for justice in this world.

Filmed in Zagreb, Croatia the story is in a nameless country that has a little of all the problems of the world and it is about the awakening of a woman who never had to confront the gap between poor and rich or the fight of those who are dispossessed of their rights.

As always, the truth bewilders, confuses, aches, changes the reality and it is during a fever that this woman has a soliloquy that is very enlightening and for those who have never experienced questioning the reality of other people it can be taken as a lesson.

"Enlightenment can be brutal." is a sub-tag of the movie and we all know how hard it is to read some truths, how much emotionally stressful it is to try to understand so many injustices humankind have been enduring in a degree that the absurdity of some events makes many people feel that it is impossible that such event is real and sometimes the only way out is doubting one's own sanity.

Funny that we live in a moment where some people are becoming aware about being lied but some prefer to run from the truth therefore: it is not easy to face it especially the fact that we are all involved in the problems of the world and we shouldn't continue uncountable:

"The ever-widening gap between those who have and those who have not plagues me, because there sees to be no legitimate moral reason for this. It is the awakening to the brutal realization that we are deeply connected to the condition of so many other people that lies at the core of 'The Fever,' and is why this film needed to be made now, more than ever."
Carlo Nero filmmaker

Angelina Jolie is a survivor of the brutality of the regimen that murdered her sister and who decided to join the rebels: "That's right. I'm one of those people, I'm one of those people against the government."
Michel Moore is a journalist and it was his character that showed the other side of the country to the woman.
They have no names what makes of their story the story of all of us.

The Dissent project tells more about Carlos Nero and Vanessa Redgrave.




The right picture is Vanessa Redgrave in the movie Julia.