Tuesday, November 30

Gustav Klimt beyond The Kiss


















I remember when the first search engineer appeared and the few answers we had.
It is amazing that now we are able to find many paintings of an artist, of course still far to have all works of each one, but I believe that in the future we will be able to see all 200 works Gustav Klimt left and much more.
Klimt's most famous oeuvre is The Kiss* and comparing his work having as much as we can would be great.
"Whoever wants to know something about me -- as an artist, the only notable thing -- ought to look carefully at my pictures and try to see in them what I am and what I want to do."
Gustav Klimt
*The Artchive was the first initiative to create a database of paintings on the WWW and I remember when it's founder Mark Harden had to start putting advertisements to continue the project.